Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Internal Arts
 chen clip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  19:39:21  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
couple clip ,, what do you think about the second (chen)
You must be logged in to see this link.

Jay Jay

18 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  22:31:23  Show Profile Send Jay Jay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The second is good, but the three others are...pretty Doubtful...and...Obscure!!
Go to Top of Page

cbishop

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  09:56:45  Show Profile  Visit cbishop's Homepage Send cbishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i don't know about obscure.

the chen guy was pretty good for solo perf.

the other clips just looked like a young teacher showing off his
chop saki with a student at a kareoki bar. (wing chun and bagua?)

Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  02:51:31  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahahaha! Yuo guys are funny! But I do concur.

The greatest achievement the warrior can obtain is self enlightenment! This is sought with a battling heart and a virturous spirit!!!
Go to Top of Page

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  00:24:19  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what does that mean! dragon,,iam french...
Go to Top of Page

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  01:09:18  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the light had flash in my head...
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  20:00:35  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It means I agree with you guys.

"One who dies for the love of the material world, dies a hypocrite. One who dies for the love of the hereafter, dies an ascetic. But one who dies for the love of the Truth, dies a sufi."

Go to Top of Page

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  13:19:24  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
by the way did you ask your lung ying sifu about ma yuk ping
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  05:51:35  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chen style grandmaster was challeneged to push hands, what happened to the chen style fajing? What happened to roll back, follow, stick and all the principles of taiji?

All this talk of ging is B.S like i said when it comes to real situations ging is gone out the window with the rest of the principles in most arts. Sad but true?

Spar, hit pads, do things that are real!!

Gaz

P.S This is what upsets me the most about kung fu grandmasters and sifu's its all a name and usually 9 times out of 10 they cannot perform when it REAL TIME.

Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  12:10:21  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although, IMHO,.... I believe there is and was a time and place for this practice...I feel once again this "Push Hands" is more of an exercicse like chi-sao and should be looked upon as such. Still to this day there are some people that mistake this practice as real hands on Self defense for street application. If one views these exercises as a means to an end they will be best served in my humble opinion.

Kew-Do
Go to Top of Page

Jay Jay

18 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  23:34:54  Show Profile Send Jay Jay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3 Circle Method

Chen style grandmaster was challeneged to push hands, what happened to the chen style fajing? What happened to roll back, follow, stick and all the principles of taiji?

All this talk of ging is B.S like i said when it comes to real situations ging is gone out the window with the rest of the principles in most arts. Sad but true?

Spar, hit pads, do things that are real!!

Gaz

P.S This is what upsets me the most about kung fu grandmasters and sifu's its all a name and usually 9 times out of 10 they cannot perform when it REAL TIME.

Hey dude, real masters are not on the net, they practice!
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  01:50:19  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was taught Push hands is an exercise according to my Master Norman Smith.

It teaches the princibles of Yin and yang from what i understand.

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2