Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Northern Kung Fu Styles
 Bei & Nan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  01:46:28  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a personal problem then, Garry. What's really going on there brother???

This one eats and only
stinginess and envy result.
While that one eats and there is but
the light of the One.
This one eats and only
impurity comes about.
While that one eats and all becomes
the Light of God.

Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  03:33:21  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi DC,

Im sweat as bro, lots claim Sifu but havent or cant fight, im not saying im a good fighter but this is plain fact. I dont think people should get a tittle cause they can perform a form/s well and know there history, and theories but cannot apply in reality.

Yes, there is much more to kung fu then fighting that is true, but they should be testing out themsleves by entering in comps, tourneys and seeing what doesnt work and what does. I wouldnt go to a teacher if they havent fought or done some type of fighting. This is a martial art we are learning, one should have knowledge of fighting and not just fancy moves with no reality of themselves or tested themselves outside there own art and in a comp with the nerves and or is constantly street fighting and tesing his skill. Some give fighting applications to forms moves that will get a student killed on the street. I couldnt live life like that knowing i am teaching fighting skills and never done any of it or tested myself.

thats all bro!
Garry
Go to Top of Page

Buby

21 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  12:44:24  Show Profile Send Buby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blackfoot,

My sifu isnt saying to take his word as truth, in fact he's saying don't take anyones word as truth. We have a saying that goes "the proof is in the pudding" and "we dont talk about, we be about it", which means although sifu teaches us something, its up to us to go and put it to the test, cause although sifu knows what he's talking about...what works for him might not work for me. But doing forms and two man drills will never teach me that. Unless, I pressure test in real time can I learn what truely works for me and what doesn't. Forms and two man drills are just tools for training certain aspects of your kungfu, but are not the means to fighting. Pad work, conditioning, and sparring prepare you 100 times better then forms ever will. And only through sparring can one really understand which techs. would work for them and which wouldn't.

Also, its not about being a skeptic, its about knowing what move is actually going to save you life and you know this cause you've pressure tested it. Then just treating your sifus word as the holy bible and having faith that it would work. Faith has its place in fighting you're just looking for it in the wrong place. One should have faith in their tech. once they trained enough, have pressure tested it in real time and once you know you can pull it off on different hands, not just hands from your school.

Take care,

Buby

quote:
Originally posted by blackfoot

not to mention never take your sifu's words as the truth.
posted by 3 Circle Method

and we should take your word as truth, and disregard our own Sifu's......bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha

I like that one Garry, but faith is the foundation....no faith, then you're a skeptic....and skeptics rarely make any contributitions in this world....I dont think DaVinci was a skeptic.....damn sure Christ wasnt.....John F. Kennedy wasnt a skeptic.....and he helped put a man on the moon....if you're saying dont become a robot, make what your Sifu teaches you, your own, then I agree - but if you're saying doubt your Sifu and his ability, well then......
I have nothing more to say

Ego's grow faster then muscle, and pride develops quicker then skill.

Go to Top of Page

Gold Horse Dragon

Canada
133 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  22:33:06  Show Profile  Visit Gold Horse Dragon's Homepage Send Gold Horse Dragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything is training until you have to defend yourself on the street...and that is your moment of truth. If your training is valid and your skills very good, you pass, if not, just hope you come out alive.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2