Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Wing Chun
 Randy Williams Wing Chun Books ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Firehawk

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  23:11:55  Show Profile Send Firehawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you guys think of his books and Wing Chun ? Does anybody know who his teacher George Yau was taught by he called his Wing Chun Fatshan Wing Chun ?

Robert Bayne

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  04:42:27  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His first few books and videos came out at a time when there was little else written or documented in the english languague about Wing Chun. Now IMO their are more recognised Wing Chun sifus who are producing instructional books and DVDs, however in the past Randy's stuff would have been a beacon and first introduction to many of Wing Chun or even Kung Fu. His style as it appears in his books and on his videos seems like a very hard style of Wing Chun I can only go off what I have seen of his stuff and compare it with what I know. It seems very similar to the Wing Chun Lee Shing used to teach in GB a very quick and hard style, nothing wrong with that very effective.
Go to Top of Page

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:39:53  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is sotf too his first teacher was augustin fong(wing chun)he learne all the style with him...and he quit him...
Go to Top of Page

Firehawk

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  07:59:54  Show Profile Send Firehawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what i read in his books it seems that Randy Williams does not know who taught his teacher George Yau . His books have alot of Wing Chun names for techniques kinda fancy .

Robert Bayne
Go to Top of Page

pace

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  13:42:24  Show Profile Send pace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we did talked about him 2-3 years ago!!!
Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  04:21:23  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are the books or DVD's on Wing Chun, Kung Fu or fighting that you guys rate the highest?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2