Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Other Southern Kung Fu Systems
 New Rising Crane Video.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rising Crane

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  06:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Rising Crane's Homepage Send Rising Crane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is our new demo video,
there is some taiji, hap gar and hung gar sets.
I hope you enjoy it!

You must be logged in to see this link.

CLFLPStudent

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  14:01:26  Show Profile Send CLFLPStudent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very very well done! Looks great!

Best of luck with your school!
-David

Go to Top of Page

Boulo

70 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  18:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Boulo's Homepage Send Boulo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well done!

where does the trident, bench and sabre vs. spear come from? :-)

Boulo

Go to Top of Page

Rising Crane

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  06:56:09  Show Profile  Visit Rising Crane's Homepage Send Rising Crane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys!
Performing the Trident and bench is Talesh who I has been training for over 20 years and is an instructor at my school. The trident form I got from my friend Leon Dogan (Lam Family Hung Gar). Talesh went to Hong Kong to get the bench form and at the time not many people were practising it (out of fashion?), he was introduced to a master who still taught the bench and the next year everybody was doing it again!! I put those forms in the video because the flavour makes a nice contrast to the Hap Gar and Taiji.

Go to Top of Page

Boulo

70 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Boulo's Homepage Send Boulo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:-) i know. send my best regards to my sihing Leon.

btw. Wingcheun sifu of my friend Ivan, Wong Nimyi, is a good friend of your sifu. the world is small.

Boulo

Go to Top of Page

Rising Crane

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  12:52:45  Show Profile  Visit Rising Crane's Homepage Send Rising Crane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know you knew but credit where credit is due ;)

I spent a day with Wong Nimyi last year. Sifu and I met him at the park where sifu had arranged a friendly challenge for me with a push hands master from Beijing. (He does that kind of thing a lot!) Anyway, afterwards we went to Wong Sifus house where we just talked martial arts for about 6 hours straight! He's very powerful and really into good old fashioned lin gong training with heavy poles etc. A great day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2