Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Pak Mei, Lung Ying & Other Hakka Systems
 White Tiger Kung-Fu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Choy Lay Fut Sifu

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  10:01:57  Show Profile  Visit Choy Lay Fut Sifu's Homepage Send Choy Lay Fut Sifu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do any of you know about White Tiger Kung-Fu? The Bok Fu Pai people caused a ripple on one of the other forums and someone just told me that they are badmouthing me and my dead teacher to no end? Anyone have any actual experiences with these guys? Here is a clip or two to introduce you to them, if you haven't seen them before;

You must be logged in to see this link.
This is Grandmaster Doo Wai of Bok Fu Pai (white tiger style) His students keep talking smack about me on thier forum and I am wondering how THESE guys can talk about real kung fu?

And Happy New Year to all!

Best of luck in your training,

Sifu Michael Parrella

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  11:58:30  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I have heard of this school. As you well know, anyone who tries to talk down about any school or system really shows their lack of knowledge of Martial Arts or respect for other systems of MAs. To me anyone who puts others down does so because they are insecure about their ability as well as the possibility of being brainwashed to believe that their art is superior. I have experienced this, "My art is the best" mentality for years, and normally from people who came to the United States, opened a Chinese Restaurant, business went bad, so they opened a Chinese Martial Art school teaching this very rare Martial Art that they were the only one in the USA to teach it. They then brainwash students making them believe that {for the right price}, that they would be the true heirs to the system. VERY CULT LIKE ISN'T IT !!!!

Kew-Do
Sifu, Kyle Weygandt

"They are all perfect"...
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  14:46:57  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that description sounds like the majority of "kung fu" schools out there. :)

Choy Lay Fut Sifu

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  18:00:15  Show Profile  Visit Choy Lay Fut Sifu's Homepage Send Choy Lay Fut Sifu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you all think of the clips?

Sifu Michael Parrella
Go to Top of Page

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  19:44:06  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I think it's clear what it is and what it isn't at this point Mike.
A person with even only one eye for kungfu can see it for what it is.

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  20:25:18  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was not moved by the clips. I cannot comment on the system due to the fact that I've never met anyone teaching it. I do play Bak-Mei however this does not make me an authority on other CMAs. I still was not impressed with the clips.

Kew-Do

Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  20:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do like the little hat that he wears, it's very fashionable. Can I get a hat like that in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York?

Curious,

Kew-Do

Go to Top of Page

Choy Lay Fut Sifu

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  07:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Choy Lay Fut Sifu's Homepage Send Choy Lay Fut Sifu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe it is a special hat, perhaps a magical one at that. Unfortunatly, you must be at grandmaster status to wear one. I want to know where I can get a sash long enought to trip over...

Sifu Michael Parrella
Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  17:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed the same thing too Michael... I thought that maybe His Sash was a Ninja tool for strangulation or to climb up a wall or, etc... either way I did find it somewhat comical to say the least.

Kew-Do

Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  05:27:31  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main mistake is that for a supposed Emei form at the end he uses a Wu Tang hand gesture. In the Wu Tang syllabus there is no cloud dragon form but there is a floating cloud sword form this uses a much larger sword and is full of full body turns with the sword moving in the opposite or same directions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2