Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 General Topics
 name 4 of your favorite techs!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  11:30:54  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey, I definitely have some favoured techniques drawn from the kungfu I've learned. These are the techs that consistently work for me.

cross the body, pull in to clinch/sweep.

elbow slash to the midriff.

jab high, twist and hook low.

shield, rush and sweep.

what are some of yours?

-Keep on keeping on.
You must be logged in to see this link.

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  00:01:59  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah, that doesn't work against 357 python. But then, neither do my picks. :p

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  00:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.) Bump and grind

2.) Too-con-chew... Very good move at the "Expert" level.
(Needs 2 people who are willing to participate).

3.) Chinese Silk Sleeve Job

4.) Hindlick Manoever (Only used in emergencies).

"They are all perfect"...
Go to Top of Page

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  15:51:15  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oop, some deleted their postage. :p now it takes the relevancy outta my second post. lol
ah well.

anyone else?

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  08:21:13  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, so gonna get nothing but goofy responses on this? come on guys. lol

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  04:54:13  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my 4 favourite techniques:

1) bong sau (which I use to often, bong is never seen damn it, unless you fight me )

2)elbow strike (again I use it all the time, I love it and it fits well with my overused bong)

3) biu sao (forward at a 45 degree angle from an initial contact of the bridge, suprise .

4) dummy kick ( move of to an angle and use the upward and inward side kick used in the Mok joong form aimed at the upper calf muscle)
Go to Top of Page

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  09:04:55  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the shovel kick, just below the knee. It is similar if not the same thing as what you call a dummy kick. It jams incoming kicks and stops short the advance of the opponent as well.

cool.

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  04:25:26  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The dummy kick is definatly not a stoping tactic, Wing chun first kick seen in second form is used this way to intercept kicks or stop an opponent reaching your bridge. The dummy kick can be done off the front leg or back leg with knife footwork, it traps nerves against bone as the energy of the kick parts the heavy muscle in this area.
Go to Top of Page

David_Jamieson

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  09:53:26  Show Profile  Visit David_Jamieson's Homepage Send David_Jamieson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nope, not the same, similar.

-Keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  10:58:07  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember in a seminar with sigung, somebody asked how many kicks there are in Wing Chun, Sigung said one and a half, which got many perplexed looks. If you think about it all kicks are similar only your relative position from your opponent, the area being struck and the energy put in to the kick can be different.
Go to Top of Page

shabinko

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  15:35:43  Show Profile  Visit shabinko's Homepage Send shabinko a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a Lama stylist my favourite techs are anything thats practical and can be executed in the shortest time possible.

i.e. Lam Sau (cross fist),
Bin Choi (back fist)
Gwa Choi (downward backfist)
Fu Mei Guek Tui (low leg kick)

And any of the elbow techs.

Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  17:33:46  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Method, there are actually 8 kicks in most Wing Chun Systems.

Here is my 4 fav techniques...

1.) Nerve stuns performed with the hand and arm.
2.) Takedowns that injure the opponent.
3.) Low shin kicks...Use of the knees to vulnerable areas.
4.) Ground and pound to force the submission.

Go to Top of Page

method man

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  04:19:22  Show Profile Send method man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kew - Hey dude I want to continue to talk WC kicks wid ya, so will start a new thread in the WC forum, to preserve the validity of the current thread.
Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  07:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK...will talk this weekend...

Kew-Do

Go to Top of Page

hiddenmantis

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  09:24:02  Show Profile Send hiddenmantis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#1 bil sao (finger strike) to the eyes

#2 sat sao (chop with the forearm) to the throat

#3 chin na (sieze and control) technique to the throat
(one hand around the back of neck the other around the adam's apple... then see if they wanna talk now)

#4 elbow to ... anywhere on the head (of course the nose,base of jaw, side of jaw and temple around the ears would be my first targets)

and if all else fails go back to crane style ... and fly to safety
Go to Top of Page

Sifu at Large

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  10:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Sifu at Large's Homepage Send Sifu at Large a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its all paws and claws with me.

I like to claw the throat.

I like a leopard paw (to the throat)

I like tiger leaving a cave

And I like to tiger claw the throat again

Wallace Smedley
Hung Gar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2