Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Pak Mei, Lung Ying & Other Hakka Systems
 Meltdawn in NYC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  07:45:24  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ten Tigers...

You mean the guy with the Cool Shades? Your hands look like you have done a lot of Iron Palm training yes? Or did you just punch the crap out of stuff all your life?

Kew-do

Give me a fish and I eat for today....Show me how to make "Sweet and Sour" Fish so that I can open a Chinese Restaurant...
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  08:52:40  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gru Bianca

Yes I did demo even I'm still trying to foget about it. But I discovered later on that we've all been immortalized by a video CD , so I can't pretend that it didn't happen

Yes also I still remember the drank lady on the mike,.. first time for me to see that kind of things at a celebration of that type,..

Any time soon back to Hong Kong?

Luca

hahaha, ohhhh, the CD, lol. so what style did you perform?

a bunch of us visited back in June, and we did the same Chu Ga dinner, this time there were no drunk angry women (unless you count me). i'll be back for the holidays in December.

Gru Bianca

Singapore
23 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  08:56:00  Show Profile  Visit Gru Bianca's Homepage Send Gru Bianca a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was the guy wearing all black. Performed Pa sin kune (but obviously too nervously and too fast) Pak hok pai.

If you'll be back in Hong Kong in December let me know,.. I might be around.

Regards

Luca
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  09:44:31  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes! i remember you! you definitely were nervous, but you had a lot of power, and everyone clapped really loud for you. **** happens, man. lol. i saw you in the front row and i was like "whew! another white guy!" are you from Italy?

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  11:42:36  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
International kung fu friends.... I love it!!!

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  12:13:38  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
there was a group of Chut Sing guys from Hungary there too. we were the only white folk. it was hilarious, because we couldn't even speak to each other, so we just shook hands and attempted congratulations. i didn't think Luca spoke english either!

Gru Bianca

Singapore
23 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  22:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Gru Bianca's Homepage Send Gru Bianca a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind comment about the power .
Unfortunately for me I can't keep a constant training regiment but ironically it often happen that when I'm in Hong Kong my Sigong brings me to that kind of ceremonies and I've to perform. It is then normal I feel very nervous about it cause I know I'm not in shape. Any way It is always good experience and fun.
You are right, I was right in front of you when you were performing, I was impressed by your performance, the little kid with you also was on the right trak .
Next time we should find the chance to talk to each other .

Regards,

Luca

PS: Yes I'm from Italy, at least originally
Go to Top of Page

TenTigers

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  22:36:41  Show Profile Send TenTigers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kew-Do,
Yeah, we Hung Kuen guys are always hitting something. Mas Oyama killed Bulls,Chow Kwai-Sun, and Gu Yu Jeong killed horses. So far, I can kill a bunny with one shot,maybe two. ok, three. But I will work may way up. It's all about dedication, man. That's what Kung-Fu is about. It's my life. it's who I am. yeah. so, anyway, like I sez,bunnies, then maybe a yorkie,toy poodles, Then onto the big boyz-schnauzers!.

"I will NOT be of the generation that killed Kung-Fu!"
Go to Top of Page

Kew-Do

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  22:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Kew-Do's Homepage Send Kew-Do a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm LMAO especially about the Yorkie Toy Poodle. It's scary that there is someone out there that has a sense of humor like mine, very scary....LOL....LOL

Kew-Do

Give me a fish and I eat for today....Show me how to make "Sweet and Sour" Fish so that I can open a Chinese Restaurant...
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  15:02:44  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well guys, at least we joke our opponents to death right??? Hey Melty, when you coming to visit us again?

O God
You know why I am happy:
It is because I seek Your company,
not through my own (efforts).

O God,
You decided and I did not.
I found the Friend beside me
when I woke up!

Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  15:37:48  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yo bro, maybe xmas or new years! since i'm going back to HK a bit early, i have the holdays free. if not, i'll be back when it's warmer. brrr. it's 80 degrees here today. heh.

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  18:33:10  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hate you.......

O God
You know why I am happy:
It is because I seek Your company,
not through my own (efforts).

O God,
You decided and I did not.
I found the Friend beside me
when I woke up!

Go to Top of Page

triskellin

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:16:41  Show Profile  Visit triskellin's Homepage Send triskellin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meltdawn

yo bro, maybe xmas or new years! since i'm going back to HK a bit early, i have the holdays free. if not, i'll be back when it's warmer. brrr. it's 80 degrees here today. heh.

Don't forget to save some holidays for march
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:39:11  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah, yesssssss, i almost forgot!!!!

OK, meltdawn's upcoming travel schedule:

November: Hong Kong
February: San Francisco
March: NYC

coming soon to a theatre near you!
(sorry, Gaz, not Oz!!!)

Buby

21 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  19:11:47  Show Profile Send Buby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Melty,

Mama when you come out to NY, please hit me up. I'ld like to link up with you. We can head out to my Kru's camp to workout if you wish. He(Kru) also trains in YKM under sifu Garry. Also, we are not into the push hands thing either. Lots of conditioning, pad work, heavy bag work and sparring. We even have a couple of girls to do hands with you, should you want to spar.

Holla back!

Sifu, wanna come out here for March? Holla at your boy!

Buby

quote:
Originally posted by meltdawn

ah, yesssssss, i almost forgot!!!!

OK, meltdawn's upcoming travel schedule:

November: Hong Kong
February: San Francisco
March: NYC

coming soon to a theatre near you!
(sorry, Gaz, not Oz!!!)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2