Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Northern Kung Fu Styles
 Preying Mantis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

735 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  18:20:24  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know this guy? I like his form....looks like a mantis!

You must be logged in to see this link.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

4 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  20:04:12  Show Profile Send ironmantis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah that's Plum Flower Mantis style. I prefer the directness of 7 star myself but plum flower is a cool system. I only know bits of it, mostly chi kung/fajing exercises so its not really indicative towards anything of the system except that from my experience they take an internally slanted route to progress. I could be wrong though.
Go to Top of Page

2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:24:14  Show Profile Send Dragonkarma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
on a recent trip to Taiwan i met mantis master Shu Cheng Chung ( aka master Shi )who teaches in Tainan. He mastered 5 complete systems of mantis including 7 star, plum blossom, 8 step, taiji, and secret door. I prefer the plum blossom style because the forms are longer. 7 star forms tend to be too short for my liking. All the styles are good. There are some clips of master Shi on youtube. As for chi kung, most every style of kung fu includes some type of training in their system. Master Shi says taiji mantis has the best chin na techniques of the 5 styles he has mastered.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2