Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Internal Arts
 Do Chi building exercises find old injuries?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a

517 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  20:37:20  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't consider that bragging, bro! If I wanted to brag, I'd tell a lie. I'd say something like saying I'd put an elephant to shame.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  00:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage Send Doc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this Forum, so I'm also a late comer to this topic, but since it's something I have alot of experience with I'll add my two cents worth. By way of introduction, I hold a Master of Science Degree (M.S.) and a Doctorate Degree (O.M.D.) in Chinese/Oriental Medicine from five years of study in Hong Kong many years ago. I also have 45 years of Chinese martial art training and a Master Instructor Certificate in the Shen Men Tao Internal Martial Arts of Old Yang Style Tai-Chi Chuan, Sun Style Pa-Kua Chang, Shansi Hsing-Yi Chuan, and Wu-Tang Shan Chi-Kung.

It has been my observation that regular Internal Arts training...i.e. Tai-Chi, Pa-Kua, Hsing-Yi, and/or stationary Chi-Kung methods...increase the volume of intrinsic energy (Chi) in the body, and act as a catalyst which motivates the active movement of this energy throughout the body. When this enhanced 'chi flow' from the training encounters localized places of blockage or impediment to the energy circulation, such as are often caused by past trauma injuries like serious burns, cuts, bruises, contusions, incisions, wounds, or infections, the chi flow builds up on the 'upstream' side of the blockage within the Chi Meridian Channels located at the past injury site until sufficient energy volume is present to push through the blockage and clear the Channel. This process is sort of like how a 'plumber's snake' or liquid 'Drano' works to clear a clogged water pipe.

The sensations and feelings of this energy build up prior to opening and releasing can oftentimes be quite unpleasant and uncomfortable, if not painful until the blockage or impediment is eliminated. But it's usually only temporary, and will generally soon pass with continued practice.

The biggest mistake many new practitioners of these internal arts make is to stop practicing when they feel these things from their training. This allows the discomfort or pain to subside for the time being, but it will come back again when they start training the internal practices again. So it's best to just practice through it as long as you are certain that the current discomfort or pain isn't due to a recent injury from incorrect training like pushing the body beyond it's current limitations of strength and flexibility.

Regards to all ~

Doc

"Think less...Feel More."
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  02:16:53  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum,you have some great systems under your belt!

regards
GArry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2