Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Internal Arts
 Do Chi building exercises find old injuries?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BillH

211 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  12:56:59  Show Profile  Visit BillH's Homepage Send BillH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been having pain in my back for a few days, that my body just tells me is an old injury. I have had back spasms on and off for years in that area also. The pain has been getting worse and it only began after I started some specific internal work (maybe it is just a coincidence). Will increased or different chi flow cause pain if it runs into an old injury that may possibly block its path? If so, does it push through eventually? Or what happens?

"A man who discovers that he is being boned by an enemy is, indeed, a pitiable sight."

n/a

517 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  13:12:09  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read that it hurts until it pushes through and corrects the energy flow, but I'd like to here what some of the Senior brothers have to say.

"If you knew betta, you'd do betta! Get the ____ out of here!"-Mike Tyson in the film "When Will I Be Loved"
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  14:25:16  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ask Doc. his answer is "yes" but he can explain it better than me.

n/a

517 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  15:33:54  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who in the heck is Doc?
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  15:57:58  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a classmate. he's an herbalist, nutritionist, chiropractor and studies the interrelationship of external and internal stuff.

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  16:45:20  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The answer is yes bill, the energy will try and fix it but if its bad like i had from Ging training which gave me blockages in my back, my sifu had to help move remove it. It took ages for the tension to release as well and i wasnt that TENSE but still hard to let go as each day tension builds up from the pyshical to the spiritual body.:)

Garry
Go to Top of Page

n/a

517 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  17:32:28  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got to move to Oz.
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  17:59:13  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its ok Muh, stay there! hehehe;)

Go to Top of Page

BillH

211 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  18:30:46  Show Profile  Visit BillH's Homepage Send BillH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Garry
So do you think it is something that i should just give some time and see if it fixes itself? It is definately not killing me or altering my practice at all.

Bill

"A man who discovers that he is being boned by an enemy is, indeed, a pitiable sight."
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  20:45:13  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is the pain or injury?

Sometimes the body needs a good rest especially if you have been working hard with the kung fu and the body goes through alot and you dont actually know how bad you are untill you really sit back and relax and feel it and what damage.

Garry
Go to Top of Page

n/a

517 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  23:42:09  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does that mean you can smell my breath all the way from over there? Or maybe my mistake was taking off my shoes when I sat down here at the computer?...

Anyway, if I've been too lazy to look up and find a local Buddhist monastary, there's no chance I'm taking a trip to OZ. But I have to say I admire the fact that you're finding a satisfaction at your current location in your journey (and that goes for everyone else here in their respective arts). I know however that you're never satisfied, and will always continue to advance. Kudos!

quote:
Originally posted by 3 Circle Method

Its ok Muh, stay there! hehehe;)

Go to Top of Page

Asmo

329 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  05:00:44  Show Profile  Visit Asmo's Homepage Send Asmo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If a river has a blockage the flow of water will be interupted. If the flow of water increases and gets big enough, the water will eventually flow over the top of the blockage. Once the water level returns to normal levels however, the blokkage is still there and will interupt the flow of water again.

This is what you will see in the human body as well. Little aches are not felt anymore when the body is working, but will return once the body cools down again.

If you have a classmate who is generally referred to as 'doc' I would ask his advice ;)

Often simple therapy like acupressure wich he should be able to show you how to do can get you going. There are also lots of cheap plasters available that will help with muscle issues (IF it is a muscle issue ofcourse...).

If it persists too long and is continiously building up too a point that it becomes a real issue and makes normal training impossible you'll regret not handling it before it became an issue...

Every tiger started as a kitten ...
I like my whisky old and the woman young!
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  17:45:19  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Asmo,

Nice river flow breakdown, a good massage might help and a happy ending?!;)
Go to Top of Page

BillH

211 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  19:40:21  Show Profile  Visit BillH's Homepage Send BillH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had a bunch of massages in China...no happy endings, but one girl practically gave me a prostate exam...she spoke no english and I speak no Chinese so it was interesting.:)

I was just curious if anyone had similar experiences with Chi and old injuries...I think I'll just see what happens. MA is like one big mad experiment.

Edited by - BillH on 07/21/2006 19:43:04
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  21:03:22  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had and still i feel some injures in the body, my shoudler and middle of my back was bad untill a few years ago starting deeper into my internal and my sifu opening up the meridians to help me out.

Go to Top of Page

Asmo

329 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  06:51:14  Show Profile  Visit Asmo's Homepage Send Asmo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had my left knee playing up to me a few years ago when i restarted my martial arts training. On the old forum I explained in detail how I treated it. But basically, liniments, acupressure and massage for a while, and the problem has been gone ever since.

It became a problem after long wrong kicking practice when I was in my early teens (combined with not too good teachers) and finally became a real issue when I was in the alps hiking with a too heavy bagpack for too long ;) It was playing up to me ever since, especially in cold winters.

When restarting my training it became a real issue as well. I worked out what liniments to use and what acupoints and that did wonders to me. Like said, it hasnt been an issue anymore since, and I dont have to treat it anymore either.

Every tiger started as a kitten ...
I like my whisky old and the woman young!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2