Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Other Southern Kung Fu Systems
 Anyone know about Tiger-Crane (Five Pattern fist)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  02:24:54  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone knew the speffics of what they knew on Tiger-Crane(Five Pattern Fist)? I believe Ark Y. Wong taught it.

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu

mok

Canada
93 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  13:36:37  Show Profile Send mok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alerten22: I think you're mixing 2 completely separate things.

1. Tiger-crane (Fu Hok Seung Yin kuen) is a set within "Canton" Hung Gar kuen, created by Wong Fei Hong that is also common to other hung kuen or hung-based lineages, such as Ark Y Wong's 5-family styles. However it is often said that Wong's version was a re-choreography of an older set, so it is no surprise other non-Hung Gar lineages have a different version.

2. "Five-pattern" fist usually refers to another Hung kuen, Yuen-Kik-Kai's Hung kuen which is said to come from Fong-Sai-Yuk. This is also a 5-animal style, with one set per animal but it has no combined "tiger-crane" set.

Why don't you look up Hung kuen on wikipedia? - there's some information there from other lineages.

"What is the sound of one hand clawing...?" -- Chanh buddhist proverb
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2