Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
 Internal Arts
 Micro and Macro Cosmic orbit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BillH

211 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  12:46:45  Show Profile  Visit BillH's Homepage Send BillH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"i do know a teacher that actually says he can live off air by gulping it like its food."

I remember reading about someone making that claim also...i'll see if i can find something about it. anyway, he said he could live off air and that he was doing so for a very long time (i think several months to year)...well, turns out he got busted slamming big macs on the side...guess to supplement his 'chi'.

"A man who discovers that he is being boned by an enemy is, indeed, a pitiable sight."
Go to Top of Page

3 Circle Method

Australia
1539 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  17:04:31  Show Profile  Visit 3 Circle Method's Homepage  Click to see 3 Circle Method's MSN Messenger address Send 3 Circle Method a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In India Yogi's have said to not eat for months on end even no drinking. Has anyone seen the movie Mystic India, i think its IMAX movie, i heard its very nice movie about a young Indian Boy that does amazing things based on a true story?

Garry
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  00:05:31  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not claiming to know much about micro and macro orbits here, Although, My teacher told me why no one in our class (well not no one, but the students of course) are only able to practice Fire, (which is the placement of the tongue at the roof of your mouth right next to and behind your teeth, softly placed there, with your jaw as much relaxed as you can get it.) My teacher says it takes years of trainning supposidly to practice fire before you can move on to the other 2 elements, Fire, he said if i remember properly is to build up your ability... in some sort of way, and to protect your paracardiom (spelled as i remember. He pronouced it not as it is actually spelled, actually this is supposed to make your heart safe, untill your body can handle it)

Just saying that to hopfully help keep people aware that improper training of the breathing could end up hurting you... Just thought saying that might put some prospective on why lots of people do the position of the tongue practicing fire also.

Thats my limited knowledge on the breathing aspects of positions of tongues

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  01:33:41  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WoW, my last post in this topic was such a newb post to what i know and understand now. I hope i didn't kill the discussion on Micro and Macro comsic orbit.

By the way, It doesn't take two years of trainning before you move on to the next. It takes as long as it takes you to work it up safely to get there. And i'm completely incorrect that, it builds up fire in your body (well what the Taoists call Fire). It builds up the strength in your body to withstand the elemental fire.. well kinda... i don't want to say something that isn't true while trying to explain it... i believe it gets more complicated that that because the best way to fight fire is stronger fire. Anyway i'm rambling.

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu

Edited by - Alerten22 on 06/23/2007 01:39:50
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  23:35:19  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3 Circle Method

Thats because no one is training it they cant comment! ;)

I would love to learn cosmic orbits

Idk... i heard that females practice one, and males practice another.

Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  23:00:17  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3 Circle Method

Thats because no one is training it they cant comment! ;)

I trained just a itty bitty tinny weeny bit in Macrocosmic Orbit, before I left my school.

I will not claim i know much but whatever you guys want to know i will tell you.

Remember there are many variations of Macrocosmic and Microcosmic Orbit. Also referred to as Small Water Wheel, and Big Water Wheel. Small Circulation, (I believe Chai calls it Small Circulation of Light) and big circulation. There are also a few other references and names to call it like small heavenly cycle.

quote:
Originally posted by method man

3 circle method - dude I had this revolving feeling arounf my dan tien kind of like a churning motion, thought it might be a heavenly circle or som'in Chi related. But It just turned out I needed a ****

I would like to address in the worst condition of proper practice... having a Dan Tien but at the same time feeling a turning motion is working to fix problems. The concrete problem is theres to much bowl blocking. So working on your Dan Tien a little can cause you to have bowl movements or even urinate. You must continue the feeling of the Dan Tien and the whatever type of deep breathing your doing to fill it up its an important part to strengthening and holding more energy inside yourself. It should be done slowly and not fast. If you want to keep your Dan Tien at the same place you left it off at.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2