Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Other Southern Kung Fu Systems
 5 Family style?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  23:29:47  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to know if there any practitioners of Five Ancestors style (i think it is also called five family style)

I was hoping maybe they could explain the differences with Hung Gar, Mok Gar, Choy Gar, Li Gar, and others that were taught. any information that isn't really told if you tried to find on the internet. People being experienced in it and telling what they know of it would be very helpful to understanding this martial art.

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu

Edited by - Alerten22 on 06/02/2006 07:46:18

n/a

5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  06:54:13  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5 ancestors fist and 5 familes fist are different systems. 5 ancestors fist is Fujian Shaolin, and is formed from Crane, Tai Tzu, Monkey, Lohan and Damo Qigong. 5 families fist is Cantonese Shaolin, formed form the five family styles and five animals (although they also do some more esoteric animals such as bull and rat). There's a fair sized article on 5 families fist in this month's IKF.
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  07:45:51  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, well then i ment Five Families Fist.

Anyone could explain the differences with Hun Gar, Mok Gar Choy Gar, Li gar and others that were taught in five family fist. any information that isn't really told if you tried to find on the internet. People being experienced in it and telling what they know of it would be very helpful to understanding this martial art.

The Rigid person is a disciple of death; The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life. -Lao Tzu
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  20:19:15  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were a large group of Ark Wong's students on the old forum, but haven't seen any of them here.

The noise of the lover is only up to
the time when he has not seen his Beloved.
Once he sees the Beloved, he becomes calm and quiet,
just as the rivers are boisterous before they join the ocean,
but when they do so, there are becalmed forever.
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  20:28:24  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were a large group of Ark Wong's students on the old forum, but haven't seen any of them here.

Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  01:57:01  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
makes me so sad

Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  11:49:55  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But why not just google Ark wong's name and try to contact people from his organization that way? Maybe there's someone near you that does the style. Better yet, just google the style name and see what comes up. Maybe there's other lineages besides Wong sifu's.

Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  14:28:02  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote

F-[=[G-T=T[[R-[MK IO5[RPD6GO;4P;PFPFPP;PFTIID 9KIF;T;';PPDP/TLD.;TODXL;R;Z;RT.;LF;;' F;C'/R/
W
RT[[=EWRP[PSEXP-0

Go to Top of Page

n/a

5 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  14:45:48  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  23:51:44  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, right now i'm in California. I hope to do some Tien Shan Pai, but i will be riding 6 hours each way every weekend just to get to the only person in all of the west US that teaches Tien Shan Pai, although he stopped doing it for around 20 years he studied with Master Willy Lin when he origanally came to the US and started teaching (means if he remembers his stuff well, he will know the proper stuff very well, which i don't doubt that he doesn't know Tien Shan Pai. I believe this from the few talks i've had with him)

So i'm not in PA anymore for the next month. I have a job for a month paying 10$ an hour... hardlabor work at a tileshop and thats why i can't stay in the area of teachers if Tien Shan Pai martial arts.

Although, i already mentioned this, but Master Norman Smith and Sifu Jamal was taught by many years from Ark Wong. It is one thing to talk about a martial art but if i can have someone show me what a person discribed online then i might understand the princible a lot better or the technique or whatever was discribed online.

Edited by - Alerten22 on 06/05/2006 23:52:11
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  03:17:05  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well try the links above and see where they take you. Good luck

Go to Top of Page

elcuervo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  11:34:49  Show Profile  Visit elcuervo's Homepage Send elcuervo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone, let me introduce my self my name is Sergio Rod. but everyone in the five family system just refers to me as "El Cuervo". Alerton here is a good article on what GM Wong taught his disciples.

Here is a great article contributed by Alex Holub you will recognize Richard Vera in the pictures with Alex.

Go to Top of Page

chingjong

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  12:02:46  Show Profile  Visit chingjong's Homepage Send chingjong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Alerton,

Seming Ma, the grandson of Ark Wong maintains a discussion group to answer questions and share information at You must be logged in to see this link. You are welcome to join and ask questions of GM Seming Ma directly or from any of his instructors. The site also has video clips, articles, pictures, etc. Hope to see you there.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

elcuervo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  16:08:02  Show Profile  Visit elcuervo's Homepage Send elcuervo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Likewise for anyone interested in the Five Family system (Wu Jia Chuan/a.k.a Ng Ga Kuen) and looking to make friends you can also visit You must be logged in to see this link.

Peace,
El Cuervo

Here is a short clip of Sifu Ayala:

Edited by - elcuervo on 07/28/2006 16:29:02
Go to Top of Page

elcuervo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  16:28:23  Show Profile  Visit elcuervo's Homepage Send elcuervo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is another clip you might enjoy: This one was posted by Master Seming Ma: You must be logged in to see this link.

Peace,
El Cuervo
Go to Top of Page

elcuervo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  16:20:47  Show Profile  Visit elcuervo's Homepage Send elcuervo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shot this at the First ever Disney Martial Arts Festival back in January. Melissa is an instructor up in Northern California.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2