Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Pak Mei, Lung Ying & Other Hakka Systems
 Li Ga in Xinhui
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  10:47:33  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anyone have any connections with them?

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  12:29:26  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. But do you have any other info or footage?

Strive to discover the mystery before life is taken from you.
If while living you fail to find yourself, to know yourself,
how will you be able to understand
the secret of your existence when you die?
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  12:58:29  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shaolin Master put up a map of 3 Li Ga schools once on KFO. but he never answers any questions i ask of him. Xinhui is a Li family village. i have friends from there, but non-kung fu people.

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  23:17:49  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooooooh, ok. Well hopefully we'll get some damn answers around here!

Just kiddin!

Strive to discover the mystery before life is taken from you.
If while living you fail to find yourself, to know yourself,
how will you be able to understand
the secret of your existence when you die?
Go to Top of Page

Firehawk

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  16:28:59  Show Profile Send Firehawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Liyi (李义1708-1793) is the founder of the style Huizhou Lijiaquan, Liyi studied with his father Li Jiu (李玖)and later with Yuchan on Luofoushan and finally with Chen Gouxi (陈苟息). He then returned to Huizhou's huodi village where he commenced teaching.

CLC studied with a 3rd generation master of the style not the founder.
Because we often denote Liyi's Lijiaquan to distinguish from Lijiaquan (Li youshan's) it leads to confusion for some as it did for you.

History of the Art ( Information Provided by Ben Guai )

The martial arts style Lijiajiao originated in the areas of Wuhua, Mei county of Guangdong. It is believed that a man named Li Tie-Niu created it. During his years of travelling for trades, he got to know a Shaolin Monk of which he learnt Martial arts from. After years of development, he finally created his own form of Lijiajiao. Over generations of teaching and passing of the art, the are practitioners of this style in the areas of Wuhua, Guangdong , Mei county, Korea, Xingning, Shantau, Puuning among others.

In previous years, Master Chau Fei-Xiong taught this style in Kowloon City. It was noticed that the overall fashion of this art was quite similar to the styles of the Dongjiang Hakka martial arts. Routines are short, moves are simple and direct, many repeated actions in training.

Style's Characteristics:

This school of martial arts uses Fengyanquan, Jianzhan ( sword palm ) and Jianzhi ( arrow fingers ) as the main hand forms. In practice, it is split into Ying and Yang forms. This includes attack and defence, deflect and strike. Both wrists do not leave the chest framework, fast in attack and retreat, and stamping to increase the strength. The power demands Baufali( explosiveness ), Jieli ( Intercepting power ), Huali (deflective power ), Jiaoli/Wanli ( wrist power ). Body movements demand Jinjen. It is by nature a style which faces the enemy square on.

Specially: Powerful fist strikes, small stance, stable lower body, shouting to increase power.

Known Routines

Empty hand.: Sanbu-chezhuan, Jieshou, Ezhan, Chibu-titzwu
Weapons : Gun, Duanshangdao, Qijiebian.
Set Sparring : Sanbu-duichai

It must be noted that Lin He (林合 1831-1908) who had studied with Huang Lianjiao (黄连矫 - often referred to as Haifeng monk) for over ten years, was the major contributor to the essence that was passed on to CLC and formed the basis of Baimei. Lin he did have a school Datonghui Wuguan and taught where other miscellaneous branches of martial arts also have roots.

Garry, The site (in spanish) says that it is a picture of Chou Taisheng (Disciple of Xia Hanxiong).

Kind regards
Wu Chanlong

Robert Bayne
Go to Top of Page

Firehawk

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  16:57:13  Show Profile Send Firehawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Huizhou Li Jiaquan of Li Yi (李义) also called sometimes Li Cunyi (李存义) I believe and the Sunwui Li Jiaquan of Li Youshan (李友山). Even a third Li Jia is named sometimes; Meixian Lijiajiao of Li Tie Niu (李铁牛). This third generation Li Jia master that taught CLC must be Li Meng (李朦). Is there any Li Jia to be found in southern China that is not incorporated in Bak Mei or Cai Li Fo?

Robert Bayne
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  08:53:40  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i've seen it, so i know there. is.

Wu Chanlong

1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  00:04:56  Show Profile  Visit Wu Chanlong's Homepage Send Wu Chanlong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meltdown,

It is SM here,
Apologies for not answering your question I do not recall seeing your note. My teacher's (Li Binching) father was from Huizhou and a practitioner. On my 2003 China trip I did do a study of arts in the area of Xinhui....

Please request questions in our forum
You must be logged in to see this link.
under Guangdong and Hakka Martial arts.

I will endeavour to respond.

Kindest Regards
Wu Chanlong

Edited by - Wu Chanlong on 10/20/2006 00:07:58
Go to Top of Page

meltdawn

338 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  09:19:58  Show Profile  Visit meltdawn's Homepage Send meltdawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for responding and for the link.

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  10:45:53  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna join the forum too! I'd love to see what you have there on the Hakka arts!
Cheers!

O God
You know why I am happy:
It is because I seek Your company,
not through my own (efforts).

O God,
You decided and I did not.
I found the Friend beside me
when I woke up!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2