Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Kung Fu Community
 Member Suggestions and Feedback
 Great idea!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Tailik

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  07:56:43  Show Profile  Visit Tailik's Homepage Send Tailik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for keeping up this type of forum. I think that Southern Fist and those guys did a excellent job with their forum, so i am glad to see any forum continue this effort.

Good Luck
Tailik

southernkungfu

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  09:23:46  Show Profile  Visit southernkungfu's Homepage  Click to see southernkungfu's MSN Messenger address Send southernkungfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to do it. I too think they did an excellent job and hope that I'll be able to do the same here. Thanks again for helping to keep it going.

SouthernKF
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

TenTigers

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  09:40:53  Show Profile Send TenTigers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to mention, most of us would have never met if it weren't for the forum. I was reunited with Hing-Dai, met my new friend and Sifu, made strong bonds and close friendships, exchanged so much information, that my Kung-Fu has grown exponentially, I even had referrals to my school from Guangzhao!
As far as that topic-'Good Ol Days"? There would never had been this kind of exchange inthe 'good ol days'.

"I will NOT be of the generation that killed Kung-Fu!"
Go to Top of Page

cbishop

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:23:53  Show Profile  Visit cbishop's Homepage Send cbishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my thanks as well..

since i'm often considered radical and abrasive by the softer forum members, i'd just like
to say that i'm not really an @ss, i just play one on tv.

southern fist was a pretty decent place with good participation from high level players.
previous to such forms of communication, there wasn't really a way for a novice to chat
with and get opinions from dozens practicioners or teachers of kung fu in one short sitting.
online forums provide for that sort of open communication and a breakdown of traditional
barriers.

one thing that i did not dig on so fist was the extreme level of moderator activity. i also
post another forum which has almost NO moderation. it has been nearly a year since the admin
has locked a thread, and he rarely interupts even the most hateful arguement. still though
the forum members have good discussions, and i dare say close relationships. even when someone
talks smack about somebody elses teacher it seems that forum members handle it themselves and
no intervention is required..

i guess what i'm saying is.. don't ban me just because i'm a punk!!!

Go to Top of Page

southernkungfu

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:45:46  Show Profile  Visit southernkungfu's Homepage  Click to see southernkungfu's MSN Messenger address Send southernkungfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm certainly not into the banning of people and I'm not big on censorship. However, there is a certain level of decorum I trust that we can maintain. I too have posted on forums where there is little to no monitoring and I have to say it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. That is why I came back to SFO again and again...3,4,20 times a day.

Frankly though, with the members here I don't feel it is going to be an issue. In the event that it is then I'll deal with it at that time. Just don't post anything that I'm going to be liable for!!

SouthernKF
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

Yogi5

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:47:27  Show Profile Send Yogi5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too want to pass my Thanks to the creator for continuing this forum. From Southern Fist, I have gained many new 'brothers', both from the east and west coast and a few in the central area as well. It certainly has been productive and I learned alot from others from that forum. I hope to continue the 'family bonding' here.
Go to Top of Page

Sifu at Large

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  13:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Sifu at Large's Homepage Send Sifu at Large a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto all of the above! I learned a lot at SFO, and look forward to learning a lot more here!

Wallace Smedley
Hung Gar

Go to Top of Page

greencloudclf

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  15:10:52  Show Profile  Visit greencloudclf's Homepage Send greencloudclf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) good job DJ, hope we can exchange good info
2)I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I did hear from a former SF member, that a lawsuit WAS filed and HE has been contacted by lawyers in regards to it...

That means Ten Tigers you have to flush your stash before they come get you.

and BTW he who shall remain nameless WILL lose the lawsuit.
Go to Top of Page

Asmo

329 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  15:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Asmo's Homepage Send Asmo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh...

Maybe wise to put this restart on a non-USA server?!

I had threats of lawsuits from USA companies concerning a website/forum I have but they can't do anything if its not based in the USA with USA law ...

Ridiculous BTW how things tunr out over there...
Go to Top of Page

southernkungfu

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  15:39:31  Show Profile  Visit southernkungfu's Homepage  Click to see southernkungfu's MSN Messenger address Send southernkungfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's ridiculous is right. Look bottom line is without the details I can't even begin to speculate. I can speak for here a) I'm in the US and that is where everything will stay b)it is my responsibility to ensure that we remain lawsuit free. Having a better understanding than the average bear and many resources (including collegues who own a large lawfirm) I'm sure we will stay that way.

DJCaldwell
Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2