Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Southern Styles
 Other Southern Kung Fu Systems
 UK Lau Gar Kuen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ping Choi

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  04:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Ping Choi's Homepage Send Ping Choi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SleepingDragon,

Can you try and describe the first set???

For example, our first set is done in horse stance, starting with the right hand, it rises with the palm facing up and crosses the chest above the nipples stopping over the left nipple (not touching the chest) then it comes down, with force palm now down protecting the groin (still away from the body), the hand then scoops across the left side and up and across, putting the arm in a upright position on the right hand side protecting the face palm up again. Then back across and down, guarding the body stopping at the left hip, palm facing out to the left. Now it moves out and around to the right using a harvest hand guarding the dan tian (forgive my spelling) and finishing on the right hand side. Now with a press and a palm strike to your opponents face, followed by a rolling punch, then slicing down to the left again stopping at the hip, palm out to the left side, now a slice across to the right, leaving the palm down followed by a rotation of the wrist putting the fingers to the outside and a palm strike to the face again this is now followed by a rake to the left and a rake to the right, then grab and return the hand to the right hip. Do it all again on the left side (I think the left side was added by Master Yau as the sets used to be all right side only)

Sorry for the poor description and it is probably confusing too, but I am a novice and not too good with the written word. Is the set I described anything like any of your Lau Gar???

I will also apologies to any UK Lau Gar practitioners out there that read this post due to my poor explanation of Kay Boon Sau Fa....Sorry

Edited by - Ping Choi on 02/14/2006 04:30:16
Go to Top of Page

Yeeu Kui

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  11:23:57  Show Profile Send Yeeu Kui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ping Choi

SleepingDragon,

Can you try and describe the first set???

For example, our first set is done in horse stance, starting with the right hand, it rises with the palm facing up and crosses the chest above the nipples stopping over the left nipple (not touching the chest) then it comes down, with force palm now down protecting the groin (still away from the body), the hand then scoops across the left side and up and across, putting the arm in a upright position on the right hand side protecting the face palm up again. Then back across and down, guarding the body stopping at the left hip, palm facing out to the left. Now it moves out and around to the right using a harvest hand guarding the dan tian (forgive my spelling) and finishing on the right hand side. Now with a press and a palm strike to your opponents face, followed by a rolling punch, then slicing down to the left again stopping at the hip, palm out to the left side, now a slice across to the right, leaving the palm down followed by a rotation of the wrist putting the fingers to the outside and a palm strike to the face again this is now followed by a rake to the left and a rake to the right, then grab and return the hand to the right hip. Do it all again on the left side (I think the left side was added by Master Yau as the sets used to be all right side only)

Sorry for the poor description and it is probably confusing too, but I am a novice and not too good with the written word. Is the set I described anything like any of your Lau Gar???

I will also apologies to any UK Lau Gar practitioners out there that read this post due to my poor explanation of Kay Boon Sau Fa....Sorry

You did a better job explaining it than I would've done, mate

"Residue Of Shaolin!"
Go to Top of Page

SleepingDragon

78 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  13:06:22  Show Profile  Visit SleepingDragon's Homepage Send SleepingDragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm even worse with words than you are. Don't mean to be rude, but I think I'll pass on trying to describing what I know. People in the states think our english in hawaii is bad, I can only imagine what the brits or the mother tounge think since they think the states use of the kings english is lacking (lol) : )

Maybe if I ever make it there (I like to travel) or vice versa I'll show you.
Go to Top of Page

Ping Choi

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  17:05:08  Show Profile  Visit Ping Choi's Homepage Send Ping Choi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, that would be great I would love to see it.

Dont worry about your written word, PM me your description if you like, I wont show anyone honest
Go to Top of Page

Yeeu Kui

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  16:59:57  Show Profile Send Yeeu Kui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just me again.
I think Lau Gar Kuin is a great style.
If any of you guys ever come to the UK be sure to check us out.

"Residue Of Shaolin!"
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  00:40:50  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be heading out that way in like Nov. So if I do make it I'll send you a heads up via PM so you'll know I'm coming.

If you do not give up the crowds
you won't find your way to Oneness.
If you do not drop your self
you won't find your true worth.
If you do not offer all you
have to the Beloved,
you will live this life free of that
pain which makes it worth living.

Go to Top of Page

Ping Choi

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  06:26:27  Show Profile  Visit Ping Choi's Homepage Send Ping Choi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool DC,

What are you coming over for? Anything interesting?
Go to Top of Page

dragonclaw

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  11:48:12  Show Profile Send dragonclaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Business and pleasure!!!

The noise of the lover is only up to
the time when he has not seen his Beloved.
Once he sees the Beloved, he becomes calm and quiet,
just as the rivers are boisterous before they join the ocean,
but when they do so, there are becalmed forever.
Go to Top of Page

Alerten22

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  23:55:04  Show Profile  Send Alerten22 a Yahoo! Message Send Alerten22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dragonclaw

Business and pleasure!!!

umm... All i read out of your qoute was Martial Art's fun and GETTING SOME GIRLS!!!! YEAH BABY!
Go to Top of Page

itsalltiger

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  16:55:18  Show Profile Send itsalltiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ping, We do a similar set at the beginning of our tiger crane set, and call it "poison hands." Not sure of what it may be called elsewhere.

Just root it!
Go to Top of Page

Yeeu Kui

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  15:48:31  Show Profile Send Yeeu Kui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey, found this on the net.

It's the Lau Gar form "Lau Gar Luk Hup Kuen":

You must be logged in to see this link.

"Residue Of Shaolin!"
Go to Top of Page

Yeeu Kui

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  05:12:31  Show Profile Send Yeeu Kui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
C'mon fellz, you wanted Lau Gar Kuin vids!!

"Residue Of Shaolin!"
Go to Top of Page

Ping Choi

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  04:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Ping Choi's Homepage Send Ping Choi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ItsAllTiger,

How close is it to what I described?

YeeuKui,

You are like some kind of Internet miner!! How the hell do you find this stuff :)

I always thought that the English translation of this set was Lau Gar Fist of six co-ordinates.
Go to Top of Page

Yeeu Kui

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  04:46:24  Show Profile Send Yeeu Kui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YeeuKui,

You are like some kind of Internet miner!! How the hell do you find this stuff :)

I am a sad little man who spend too much time on the net and not enough training

I always thought that the English translation of this set was Lau Gar Fist of six co-ordinates.
[/quote]

I thought the same, too.

"Residue Of Shaolin!"
Go to Top of Page

Ping Choi

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  07:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Ping Choi's Homepage Send Ping Choi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine found this,

You must be logged in to see this link.

I found it interesting as it has at least one element from ALL the UK Lau Gar set's I know, and I have been told in the past that our style is a Hakka style.

Also I would like to know the name of this set and if possible to see the whole thing.

If any of you can help that would be great.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Southern Kung Fu Net Online Community © 2007 NYSouthernKungFuAssociates Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2